Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wait a minute, didn't I already trade my apple? Trade 3: A Macquarium


I thought I had seen the one and only apple on my trade list, but when I was offered a Macquarium (A 1984 Apple Macintosh computer casing modified into an aquarium),  I had to snag it.  I almost want to keep it for myself!
 I met a fellow trader who worked from $10 to a Playstation and bought this Macquarium a while ago but never did anything with it.  Mac, as I'll refer to him for now, is a true original.  He is a model M0001 Macintosh, also known as the Macintosh 128K, with peripherals such as the original keyboard, mouse, and number pad with roller.  This is the same computer that was advertised in the famous Superbowl "1984 commercial!  After playing with the info I gleaned from the serial number, he was produced in the 18th week of 1983, so he is actually a wee bit older than me.  Mac has been cleaned of his internal mechanical bits and had them replaced with a small aquarium.  Included is a pump, filter, aquarium light, gravel, small plastic plants, water condititioner and even a duffel to hold it all!  It needs very minimal work.  If you offer a trade that exceeds my expectations I'll even throw in a fish or two and an old floppy disk to help him remember the good ol' days of computing.

No comments:

Post a Comment